Whether you are just starting a business or are well-versed in your business operations, it is important that you have an experienced advisor to turn to when you need guidance. Whether you need help deciding what business entity you should apply for, have trademark or copyright issues, or would like advice regarding employee handbooks or employee benefits, I am here to help and can provide the guidance on a wide variety of business law issues to help you feel confident in your business decisions.
Starting a business – The excitement of starting your own business can quickly turn if you don’t properly create your business on a solid legal foundation. Many business owners don’t think they need the advice of counsel for their business until something goes wrong. A start-up company based on a solid legal foundation can alleviate many of the problems a business could experience down the road. From determining which business entity to choose, entity formation documents, employee policy and handbooks, and creating and negotiating various contracts vital to your business, I can help you navigate the myriad of legal issues surrounding your business so you can focus on what your business needs. Working with both new and existing businesses, I provide insight and counsel in the following areas:
- Formation of a Business Entity – Limited Liability Company, Corporation, Partnership (General and Limited), Sole Proprietorships, or Non-Profits.
- Creation of Company Documents – Articles of Organization, Certificate of Incorporation, Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, and Corporate Bylaws.
- Reviewing/Creating Business Contracts – Employment, Non-Disclosure, Vendor, Real Estate Leasing, and Purchase, Sale, and Buy/Sell and Licensing Agreements.
- Intellectual Property Protection – Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret assistance, Licensing, and Non-Disclosure Protection.
- Employer Agreements and Policies – Non-Disclosure Agreements, Severance, Employee Manuals, and Document Management.
- DBA and Fictitious Name Registration
- Outside General Counsel Services – For those companies that have legal work done but don’t have the need or capacity to hire an attorney full time, I can offer outside general counsel services. I will handle all of your company’s transactional law needs for a set monthly price.
For clients in Texas, I can still assist you with your business activities since many of the business transactions discussed can be done via the phone and secured email.
If you need help with a contract negotiation or business operations and are located in Missouri or Texas, contact me today to discuss your needs. I look forward to working with you!