Many people know that they should have an estate plan, but few understand what it takes to create one. Estate planning is crucial when it comes to preparing for your future. Preserving and distributing your assets in the way you see fit, estate planning allows individuals to provide direction to their spouses and children after they pass. It’s essential for the welfare of your family and loved ones to properly prepare your estate and document last wishes and requests. I will offer legal guidance and advice so you can make the right decisions for your family.
I understand that every family has a unique situation. Making your needs my priority, I believe in providing you with the guidance and assistance necessary to help you accomplish your personal and family goals. Ensuring your children and family are protected, I can help you create an estate plan that protects your assets for the future by preparing all necessary documents.
COMMON ESTATE PLANNING DOCUMENTS
- Will – A will is a set of instructions for the probate court that allows your assets to be distributed according to your wishes after your death.
- Trust – A trust is a legal instrument created to hold property for the benefit of a beneficiary. Trusts can be used to avoid the probate process.
- Financial Power of Attorney – A financial power of attorney allows an individual that you designate to manage your finances in the event you become incapacitated.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney – A healthcare power of attorney allows someone you designate to make healthcare decisions in the event you become incapacitated.
- Healthcare Directive (Living Will) – A living will allows you to direct what treatments or actions should be undertaken by health care providers and caregivers in the event that you become unable to make your own decisions.
Offering honest assistance and competitive rates, I invite you to schedule your estate planning consultation with me now. I look forward to helping you with all of your future decisions.